Thomas Robinson Comes Back Home To D.C

D.C native & former Kansas Forward Thomas Robinson came back home today to work out for his hometown team the Washington Wizards.He was one of three players invited to work out for Washington on wednesday as they prepare to make what could be a franchise-changing selection with the third pick in the NBA Draft on June 28.Earlier today he worked out for Randy Wittman and assistant Sam Cassell.Robinson stated I was a lot more comfortable than I thought I’d be,“They made me feel as if I was already on the team. They guided me through everything. It was more of a learning experience, rather than throwing you out there to see what you can’t do.The 6-foot-9 power forward says he’s up for a challenge, and at 21, the former Kansas star already has been through more than his share.He lost his mother, grandmother and grandfather within a three-week period from December 2010 to January 2011.Robinson’s former coach at Kansas, Bill Self, marveled at Robinson’s ability to even get on the court during his time of family tragedy.His striking not cocky but confident attitude sticks out most besides his game.Thomas stated that As far as being prepared for the league, I think I am the best player in the draft, “that’s just me being a competitor, not to take anything away from Anthony Davis. He’s a great player.”The Wizards look to be down to a choice of 3 players with the 3rd pick in the NBA Draft Florida Guard Bradley Beal,Kentucky Forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist,and Thomas Robinson.But it seems to be Robinson doesn't mind playing at home saying ,"It’s a challenge that I want to take on, to play at home,“being a kid growing up here, I’ve always been a Wizards fan. This is a dream to be right here right now. If I want to get to the top of this league, I want to take on the challenge to come to this team and help them get over that hump.”It will be very interesting to see where the Wizards go for the 3rd pick but we will definitely see June 28th.Checkout and enjoy Thomas Robinson's exclusive interview below after today's workout.



Follow Thomas Robinson on twitter:@TRobinson0
Follow me on twitter:@CraigoGettems

Comments

Popular Posts

TrapRock Gear!!


See other gifts available on Zazzle.
TrapRockGear