Janelle Monae Covers Essence Magazine



Janelle Monáe is on the covers the May Issue of Essence Magazine where she opens up about her personal life, why and how she is unique and upcoming music. Janelle is currently working a new album Electric Lady set to drop this summer. She also opens up about her wardrobe and style even with a lovely figure, Monae still decides to keep her body under wraps. Monae says "People don't ask Jay-Z to take his shirt off when he rhymes," she says defiantly. Her refusal to let it all hang out is a major part of her attempt to "redefine what it means to be sexy and what it means to be a woman. Showing my skin is not what makes me sexy," she declares. "I like skirts and dresses just like everyone else, but I had a message I needed to put out there. It was up to me to show people and young girls there was another way." Checkout more this exclusive story at the link below.


Follow Janelle Monae on twitter:@JanelleMonae
Follow me on twitter:@CraigoxGettems

Comments

Popular Posts

TrapRock Gear!!


See other gifts available on Zazzle.
TrapRockGear